Welcome to our new theme, #HotForSummer, with our Autism 5k Run and Walk, on its 7th year and growing annually!
This event encompasses the following:
WHAT: Lots of Activity and Fun
- 5k Run: Competitive/Timed
- 5k Walk: Competitive/Timed
- Fun Walk: Teams that fundraise together
- Entertainment, prizes, resource fair, family fun and autism friendly
WHERE: Lock 3, Akron, OH (200 S. Main Street)
HOW: Register Today!
- 5k Walk/Run: $35
(includes race shirt, sunglasses and beach ball)
- Fund-Raiser Walk Team: No Fee
(Raise $50 for race shirt/$100 for race shirt, sunglasses and beach ball)
WHY: The Autism Society of Greater Akron (ASGA) is the premiere agency in the Greater Akron area solely focused on improving the lives of all affected by autism in our community, Summit, Medina, Portage, Stark and Wayne counties. It’s our mission and our passion that drives us to work tirelessly to provide programs that improve the quality of life for individuals with autism and their families.
Thank you for being a part of our work by participating in our signature fundraiser, the Autism 5k Run and Walk. Your fundraising makes all of the difference for the success of this event, and the success of our work.
Last year, your dollars went directly to our core programs and services:
- Support: Coffee, Tea and Autism peer facilitated groups in all five counties
- Help Line: 420 Calls, with 500 help hours, more than double 2015
- Education: Workshops for caregivers, teachers and professionals.
- Annual Conference and Community Event: Autism Summit (800 attended)
- Pilot: Teen “On The Town” life skills group
- iCan Bike: For those with different abilities (40 campers/80 volunteers)
- Inclusive Events: Caring Santa & Bunny, Derby Day (400 families)
- Awareness: Autism Awareness Month activities in 5 counties
- Advocacy: For improved services & supports at Local, State, Federal Level
We are there for them, because you are there for us. Thank you for being a part of the…
- Largest charity walk in Lock 3
- Best Kids Event in Akron, as voted by Summit for Kids (2014), and…
- Two-time honoree in Akron Life Magazine for the Best 5k and Best Event!
Every dollar raised here stays here for local programs, with over 75% of every dollar going directly toward programs.
As one of over 100 affiliates that are part of the national organization of the Autism Society, we are part of a powerful 50 year-old network that works together to achieve our mission to improve the lives of all affected by autism.
With your help, we are doing it #4Autism!